Kara Bennis is a Virginia native who comes to Pikrallidas & Associates after 14 years of experience working at a D.C. Law firm, where she was the only Virginia attorney. The primary areas of litigation for Kara include: automobile accidents, slip and falls, Elevator/ Escalator Malfunctions, and dog attacks in the General District and Circuit Courts of Virginia, the Superior Court of Washington, D.C., D.C. Court of Appeals, and limited practice in the Federal Courts of Maryland, D.C., and Virginia. Kara also has filed breach of contract matters against insurance companies for failure to issue payments under the client’s Medical Payments coverage. She has assisted client’s in resolving property damage matters, and pursued cases for diminution of value.
Kara has tried over 50 Jury trials and well over 200 Bench trials in Virginia and D.C. She has also sought resolution of matters using Alternative dispute resolution, and has reached resolution on cases using both mediation and Arbitration. She has engaged in an active motions practice to get positive resolution for her client’s. She has engaged in law suits against individuals as well as companies, including a number of actions against the Washington Metropolitan Transit Authority (WMATA).
- DICKINSON SCHOOL OF LAW OF THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY, Juris Doctor, received May 2001
- MARY WASHINGTON COLLEGE, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, received December 1997
- Virginia Bar, admitted October 2003
- District of Columbia Bar, admitted March, 2006
- Colorado Bar (Inactive status), admitted October 2001
- Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association