An automobile accident can leave its victims with serious physical injury, mounting long-term medical expenses, loss of income, and significant pain and suffering. Often those involved in an accident are not prepared to handle all of the technical details required to prove your claim.
An automobile accident checklist
Make sure you have:
- Collected information from the other driver, including name, address, phone number, vehicle make and model, license plate, insurance information
- Identified and collected information from eyewitnesses
- Taken photos of the involved vehicles and accident scene, if possible
- Waited for the police to arrive, if possible
- Recorded the officer's name, badge number and contact information
- Sought immediate medical treatment
- Obtained the police report
- Notified your insurance company
- Contacted an experienced auto accident attorney who knows the local roads and conditions
- Kept all associated medical records and bills
- Retained all evidence, including damaged clothing and other personal belongings
- Kept all records of vehicle damage and expense
- Recorded your recollection of the accident, including weather conditions, the other driver's behavior and conversations with all parties involved
Pikrallidas & Associates serves accident victims throughout Virginia and Washington, D.C. We will visit your home or hospital room to listen to your facts. We take each case seriously and do all we can to vigorously protect your rights. We follow up with police and witnesses to ensure we have all the necessary documentation to prove your claim.
If you have been injured in a car accident through the negligence of another, you deserve full and fair compensation for your damages. It is our job to see that you get that through settlement or verdict.
Aggressive pursuit of justice
The legal team at the Fairfax, VA law firm of Pikrallidas & Associates has been committed to our clients' best interests since our founding in 1992. We place them ahead of all else. When you need an attorney who is focused, aggressive, yet compassionate to handle your auto accident case, call us at 703-267-2600 or contact us online. Hablamos español.
Serving clients throughout Virginia and the District of Columbia