Immigration Services

Pikrallidas & Associates helps immigrants achieve their American dreams. In particular, our firm focuses on personal immigration journeys. We represent people who want to come to the United States to start a family or build a business, or individuals who just want to visit, work, or study.The Immigration Attorneys at Pikrallidas & Associates are here to help you through every step of the immigration process. The following are different areas in immigration law that we can assist you:

• Employment-Based

You may be eligible to become a permanent resident based on an offer of permanent employment in the United States. Most categories require an employer to get aLabor Certification. Under the provisions of U.S. immigration law, approximately 140,000 employment-based immigrant visas are made available every fiscal year (October 1st – September 30th), for qualified applicants. This number includes immigrants plus their eligible spouses and minor children. The law provides employers with several limited methods to bring foreign workers to the United States on a temporary or permanent basis.

• Family-Based

Many people become lawful permanent residents (colloquially referred to as “Green Cards”) of the United States family members. You may be eligible to get a Green Card as:

- an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen, this includes spouses, unmarried children under the age of 21, and parents of U.S. citizen petitioners 21 or older

- a family member of a U.S. citizen fitting into a preference category, this includes unmarried sons or daughters over the age of 21, married children of any age, and brothers and sisters of U.S. citizen petitioners 21 or older

- a family member of a Green Card holder, this includes spouses and unmarried children of the sponsoring Green Card holder

- a member of a special category, this can include battered spouse or child (VAWA), a “K” nonimmigrant, a person born to a foreign diplomat in the United States, a “V” nonimmigrant or a widow(er) of a U.S. Citizen

• EB-2 Exceptional Ability

The EB-2 classification is for people who are recognized as being at the very top of their field and who are coming to the United States to continue work in that field. To establish eligibility, you must demonstrate sustained national or international acclaim and that your achievements have been recognized in the field of expertise by showing: (1) that you have received a major internationally recognized award, similar to a Nobel Prize; or (2) that you meet at least three of the ten requirementsand all your evidence, when evaluated together, shows that you are among the small percentage of individuals that have risen to the very top of your field. Every year, about 40,000 visas are made available to individuals of exceptional ability in the arts, sciences and business, or who possess advanced degrees in professional fields.

• Adoption Green Card

United States citizens who desire to adopt a child from another country must understand the legal process not only in the United States but also in the country of which the child is a current citizen and must be under 16 years of age.

• Brothers and Sisters Green Card

If you are a U.S. citizen and over 21 years of age, with brothers or sisters who are natives of a foreign country, you may sponsor them for a Green Card (lawful permanent residence), along with their spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21. You must be 21 years of age or older yourself. You must also be willing to help guarantee that your sibling and family will be financially supported in the U.S. and not require any need-based government assistance. Permanent residents may not petition to bring siblings to live permanently in the United States.

• Temporary Religious

Temporary religious worker (R-1) visas are intended for persons who want to enter the United States to work temporarily in religious capacities. This visa program is intended for religious workers whose lives are dedicated to religious practices and functions, as distinguished from secular members of the religion. To qualify, the foreign national must have been a member of a religious denomination having a bona fide non-profit religious organization in the United States for at least two years immediately before the filing of the petition.

• Married Visa

In order to bring your spouse (husband or wife) to live in the United States as a Green Card holder (permanent resident), you must be either a U.S. citizen or Green Card holder, however approval is not guaranteed or automatic. It is very important to be aware that these marriage Green Card petitions are carefully scrutinized to ensure that the marriage is bona fide (legitimate) and that it was not entered into for the sole purpose of obtaining immigration benefits.Being eligible for U.S. lawful permanent residence (a Green Card) based on marriage to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (LPR) is just the first step in obtaining a Green Card.

• Professors & Researchers Visa

Outstanding Professors and researchers are ideal candidates and may easily qualify for EB-1 visas because the requirements for eligibility are slightly less stringent than for visas based on extraordinary ability, To qualify, an applicant must be an internationally recognized member of the academic field, in which they work, and must have been teaching researching in that specific subject area for a least 3 years. Extensive evidence that the professor/researcher in internationally recognized must be provided.

• Married Son & Daughters

The married sons or daughters of a U.S. citizen are eligible for immigration under this category (K-3/K-4 Non-immigrant Visas) which are designed for the married children of U.S. citizens regardless of his or her age. Stepchildren may also qualify for lawful permanent residency (Green Card), provided the child was under the age of 18 at the time of the marriage of the parent to the U.S. citizen. Immediate family members of the married alien child may also apply for a Green Card with the child.

• Parents Visa

Many people in the United States have family members living in other countries, and wonder whether they can bring them here. If you are a U.S. citizen, you can get Green Cards (lawful permanent residence) for your parents as long as you are at least 21 years old. Parents are considered to be "immediate relatives" under the immigration laws, meaning there is no limit on the number of Green Cards given out.

• US Citizenship through Parents

For those born on U.S. soil, who were born to U.S. citizen parents, or became a naturalized U.S. citizen and have been living in the United States, they clearly have U.S. citizenship. Citizenship through Parents, a type of derivative citizenship, is one of the most complex areas of immigration law. This is in part, due to Congress amending these laws multiple times. Therefore, it is necessary to look at the law that was in effect on the date of the applicant's birth (and the parents' birth, if grandparents were U.S. citizens) for guidance. If you were born abroad to U.S. citizen parents, you probably are a U.S. citizen, but you need to gather specific paperwork to prove this.

• Extension of Stay

During your visit to the U.S. on a B-1 or B-2 visa, the need or desire to extend your stay may arise. On occasion, you may benefit from opportunity to stay in the U.S. longer than you had initially planned. If you want to extend your stay in the United States, you must file a request with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services before your authorized stay expires. If you remain in the United States longer than authorized, you may be barred from returning and/or you may be removed (deported) from the United States.. We recommend that you apply to extend your stay at least 45 days before your authorized stay expires.

• H1-B Visa

In the United States, many businesses use the H-1B visa program to employ foreign workers in specialty occupations that require theoretical or practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge, including, but not limited to: scientists, engineers, or computer programmers. These businesses must be offering a qualified position to the immigrant applicant.

• Change of Status

If you are currently living in the United States and wish to change the purpose of your visit, you (or in some cases your employer) must file a request with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services via the appropriate form prior to the expiration of your authorized stay. This is an application to change your status. Often this means you are changing to a nonimmigrant category. For example: you have arrived in the U.S. as a tourist, but wish to become a student.

Our Services

• Temporary Visas

• Green Card

• Citizenship

• Sponsoring Green Card

• Family Petition

• Extension of Stay

• Religious Worker

• Consular Process

• Fiancé Visa

• Invitation letters

• Dream Act

Avatars by Sterling Adventures